Fr., 28. Juni|
YOGA & HIKING Weekend Engelberg
Yoga & Hiking experience in the idyllic surroundings of Engelberg, nestled in the heart of Switzerland in our very own private mountain chalet, packed with positive energy and beautiful mountains.
Time & Location
28. Juni 2024, 17:00 – 30. Juni 2024, 17:00
Berghaus Klondike, Grafenort, Engelberg
About the event
Experience a weekend in the mountain, re-connecting to yourself & to nature ... and really "take a break!!
Join myself & the lovely Celine Kahn (Touringmonkeys.com) our mountain leader, for this Yoga & Hiking experience in the quiet & authentic surroundings of Engelberg, nestled in the heart of Switzerland, with views of the towering mountains, a place that stands still in time with its authentic wooden houses, rocky mountains, lush greenery, fresh water streams and plenty of time to just Be and forget about time...
Our home for the weekend is the Berghaus Klondike, our very own private 300 years old Swiss mountain chalet which retains its original character, with exposed wooden beams and original flair, but with a modern kitchen and bathrooms, 2 large living and dining rooms, a large permaculture garden and a mushroom farm, garden and fire pit! The cozy vibes are everywhere and the evenings are for stargazing around the fire pit in the company of an amazing group.
We rise with the sun, we wake up with an energizing morning Vinyasa Yoga practice and welcome the day (yes! these are our sun salutations).
After a delicious hearty breakfast we join Celine for an amazing day-hike through the mountains in Engelberg, embracing the challenge as we immerse ourselves in nature, drinking it in and recharging our batteries.
Pic nic lunch with amazing panoramas included!
Sasturday afternoon is set aside for a restorative yoga practice to explore the deep relaxation benefits of Yin Yoga asanas & pranayama breathing exercises.
Food will be vegetarian & delicious, a chance to delight in gathering around the table to enjoy our meals showered with a healthy dose of laughs.
So join us, take a break, reconnect to the slower pace of Life, enjoy the beauty of the mountains, gaze at the stars, share new experiences, move the Energy around and relax knowing that nothing is in a rush.
When: June 28-30, 2024
Where: Berghaus Klondike, Engelberg.
Min participants: 6 - Max 10
What is included:
* 2 nights stay at Berghaus Klondike in a shared room (shared room with shared bathroom) or single private room (single bed) with breakfast & dinner daily (pic-nic lunch for Saturday hike)
* 2 guided day-hikes (approximately 5-6 hours on Saturday and 2-3 hours on Sunday) - certified mountain leader
* 1 pic-nic lunch for Saturday day-hike
* 3 Yoga lessons (2 morning vinyasa flows & 1 evening restorative class - certified yoga teacher)
* 1 guided visual meditation and candlelight ceremony
* Local transportation costs for group activities
What is NOT included:
* Travel expenses to and from Berghaus Sulzfluh
* Health insurance / accident insurance / Rega
* Drinks (alcohol, other bottled drinks), Snacks
Cost per person in shared room: 600 cfh
Cost per person in single private room: 650 cfh
Early Bird discount -5% for registrations by December 31st, 2023 - use code: "EarlyBird" when signing up.
Saturday Hike: Brunnihuette - Bannalpsee
- Taxi from Klondike to Engelberg
- Cable car from Engelberg to Brunnihuette (not included in price - CHF 20 with Halbtax or CHF 10 with GA)
- Three options depending on the group:
- Via Engelberger Rotstock with the summit (7h walk - 1200m ascent - 1300m descent)
- Via Engelberger Rotstock without the summit (5.5h walk - 900m ascent - 1000m descent)
- Via Walenpfad (4h walk - 500m ascent - 600m descent)
- Cable car from Bannalpsee to Fellboden (not included in price - CHF 12 with Halbtax)
- Bus from Fellboden to Grafenort (not included in price - CHF 2.90 with Halbtax)
- Walk from Grafenort to Klondike
Sunday Hike: Lutersee
- Walk from Klondike to Mettlen
- Cable car from Mettlen to Eggen (not included in price - CHF 15 round trip)
- Hike to Lutersee via the high route and Storeggpass on the way there, and on the lower trail on the way back
- Cable car from Eggen to Mettlen
- Walk from Mettlen to Klondike (or departure directly from Mettlen - TBD)
YOGA: Yoga classes will be adapted to all levels.
Certified Mountain Leader - Celine Kahn
Certified Yoga Teacher, 200RYT - Giada Rocca
Insurance: It is the participant’s responsibility to get health and accident insurances that cover mountain rescue, including extreme sports. Becoming a Rega patron is highly recommended (CHF 40 per year only for emergency medical assistance from the air).
How to get there If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you take the following:
Inbound - 28 June 2024
Zurich HB 15:10 - 16:38 Grafenort (via Luzern)
Outbound - 30 June 2024
Departure location 17:17 - 18:50 Zurich HB (via Luzern)
Depending on what time the event finishes
OR, you can also drive directly by car, parking is free att he chalet.
- Yoga mat
- Yoga outfit
- Hiking boots
- Long sleeves shirt
- Hiking trousers or shorts
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof over trousers
- Sun hat
- Warm hat
- Thin gloves
- Thick gloves
- Lightweight towel
- Ear plugs
- Basic Toilettries
- Hiking poles
- Hiking backpack (30-40L)
- Waterproof backpack cover
- Waterproof inner bags or bin bags
- Headlamp with spare batteries
- Water Bottle (min. 1L)
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Plasters and basic medicine
Terms & Conditions:
Sign up and secure your spot for this retreat at Yogalpina.ch or Touringmonkeys.com, 50% deposit upfront; 50% by May 28, 2024. Payable in cash, Twint, IBAN.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.
Cancellations: - 30 days prior to the Event start date, a cancellation fee equivalent to 50% of the Event cost applies. - Less than 30 days prior to the Event start date, a cancellation fee equivalent to 100% of the Event cost applies. The Participant can sell/transfer his/her booking to another interested party who meets the fitness requirements of the particular Event. In this case, the Organiser is entitled to an Administration Fee of 30 cfh.
If you have any question, please contact:
Call / Whatsapp: +41 78 240 80 30
OR contact Celine Kahn.
Call / Whatsapp: +41 78 210 93 61